Here is an insight how we ready you for the winter sporting season ahead
The pre-season for many winter sports is already starting. Pre-season training is all about conditioning the body and readying it for the grueling months of competition ahead. It is a period or phase in time that you can work on your weakness, pre-habilitate the body to reduce the risk of injury and make your self a more rounded athlete, weekend warrior or sports enthusiast.
When done correctly, a pre-season program can be extremely beneficial to performance and reduce the risk of injury during competition. However, there is a bit of a trick to getting it right. Here is a few things that we use to get our athletes and weekend warriors ready to hit their chosen sport with some new secret weapons for the up coming season.
- Injury Pre-screening – including functional movement screen, sports specific movement screen as well as dissecting last season’s injury history.
- Identify what areas of performance need addressing and why
- Record baseline outcome measures
- Set goals and aims for the year
- Set targets and expectations
- Develop a periodised program that looks at each phase of growth as an athlete to improve performance, not over reach or over train
- Stay balanced, remember you need to have a life, work and many other individual commitments.
Its no simple task and requires a lot of thought, experience and precision to stay Fighting Fit all season long. If you need help in any aspect of sports performance, injury management, rehabilitation, pre-habilitation for at risk injuries for your sport or just building performance Fighting Fit is your centre for high performance health.